Donate to the Library
The Canton Public Library is a vibrant community resource in no small part due to the generosity of many benefactors. While the library is funded through municipal appropriation, generous supplementary support of both time and money from individuals, businesses, and civic organizations allows us to expand the programs and materials offered to all of our library users. There are many ways that you can support the library in our mission.
- Join the Friends of the Library – The Friends of the Canton Public Library is an all-volunteer, non-profit 501c3 organization that works to support the mission of the library. Whether you’re willing to support the Friends with your time, your talents, or your money, there is a place for you in the Friends. Visit the Friends page for more information.
- Give a gift – The library welcomes donations in honor or memory of someone special. We use these donated funds to purchase books or other materials in accordance with the wishes of the donor. A special bookplate or donor plaque will be placed on items purchased in someone’s honor, and we will acknowledge your gift to the honoree. Contact the Library Director for more information.
- Include the library in your estate planning – Planned giving can be directed towards the library or the Friends of the Library. Please consult an attorney or financial advisor to discuss what form your bequest might take.
- Donate books, movies, and other materials – The ongoing success of the Friends of the Library used book sale is due to the generous donations from community members over the years. The Friends accept donations of books, DVDs, and other materials year-round; however, due to space limitations we can only accept small donations (a single box or grocery bag at a time).
- Buy a book from the Friends – The Friends sell books year-round from a display near the library circulation desk. Stop in and purchase a book for yourself or as a gift! The Friends also hold various fundraisers throughout the year; check their page for the most up-to-date information about their upcoming activities.
- Amazon Smile – Support the library while you shop! When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Just designate The Friends of the Canton Public Library, Inc. as your chosen charity.
- Volunteer – Dedicated volunteers provide support services to library staff and work on special projects throughout the year. Contact the Library Director to find out about current volunteer opportunities.
- Join the Library Board of Trustees – The Library Board of Trustees consists of 10 members: 9 are appointed by the Board of Selectmen, while the tenth is an ex-officio member by virtue of serving as President of the Friends of the Canton Public Library. For more information, click here www.townofcantonct.org.