Thanks to generous donations by the Friends of the Canton Public Library, we are able to offer passes to many museums and cultural sites. Passes allow a designated number of people to visit various attractions for free or for reduced rates. Passes may be borrowed just as one would check out a book. All you need is a valid public library card from any town or city in Connecticut.
We invite you to borrow one of our passes. Please note the following loan information:
- Any patron age 18 or over may borrow a pass at the Circulation Desk.
- Families may borrow only 1 pass per site at once, but they may borrow passes for up to 2 separate sites at the same time.
- Passes may be reserved up to 3 months in advance of the date of borrowing.
- Borrowing patrons must abide by the conditions set forth by each institution on its pass.
- Passes are charged out for 3 library business days (Sundays excluded). There is an overdue fine of $5.00 per day per pass if they are returned late.
- If a pass is lost or stolen, the borrower will be held responsible for the full cost of replacing the pass.
For questions or to reserve a pass, call the library at 693-5800.
Passes are available for the following sites (note that special events may require an additional fee):
- American Clock and Watch Museum
Admits 2 adults and 3 children.
- Beardsley Zoo
Valid for $6 admission per person up to 6 guests.
- The Bushnell Park Carousel & New England Carousel Museum
Free admission for 4 people.
- CT State Parks Day Pass
Free admission for 2 adults and 4 children 12 and under at Dinosaur, Fort Trumbull, and Gillette Castle State Parks and the Visitor Center in New London.
- Children’s Museum (West Hartford)/Roaring Brook Nature Center
One free touring admission with every paid admission. Maximum 4 free admissions per day.
- Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
Free admission for up to 2 adults and 4 children.
- Florence Griswold Museum
Admits 2 adults and 2 children under 12.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe Center
Admits 2 guests for a free tour.
- Hill-Stead Museum
Admits 2 adults and 2 children (under 18) at 50% off general admission.
- KidsPlay Children’s Museum
Half-price admission for up to 6 people.
- Mark Twain House and Museum
Free admission for 1 adult OR 2 children with the purchase of 1 adult admission.
- Mystic Seaport
50% off regular admission for 2 adults and 3 children.
- New Britain Museum of American Art
Free admission for 4 people.
- New England Air Museum (Temporarily unavailable)
Valid for cardholder and up to 5 guests at 50% off regular admission. Free admission for children under age 3.
- Norman Rockwell Museum
Admits 2 adults at the discounted rate of $10 each.
- Old State House
Free admission for up to 4 visitors.
- Pequot Museum
- Wadsworth Atheneum
Free general admission for 2 adults.
- White Memorial Conservation Center
Pass admits 2 adults and 4 children.