Teen Advisory Group (TAG)
Who Are We?
The Teen Advisory Group is a group of teens, grades 5-12, from the city of Canton and surrounding communities served by the Canton Public Library who are interested in having a say in what the library does for them.
What Do We Do?
The Teen Advisory Group’s goal is to promote library services to teens at Canton Public Library and the community by:
- Advising, planning and implementing teen programs..
- Designing and maintaining the Teen Web Site.
- Promoting ideas, reading, programming and expression by and for teens by creating bulletin boards and displays in the young adult area.
- Recommending books, movies, music CDs and magazines for the YA collection.
- Creating an inviting teen area in the library.
What Will I Get Out Of It?
- Having a say in materials & programs for teens at Canton Public Library.
- Opportunity to be creative and expressive through art and imaginative activities.
- Personal satisfaction in serving your community and peers.
- Community service looks good on college applications and job applications.
How Much Time Commitment Is Required?
- TAG meets twice a month for one hour.
- Additional hours as requested for special programs and projects.
How Do I Get Started?
- Fill out the Teen Advisory Group application and return it to the Library
- Meghan, the Teen Librarian will contact you.