Like many of us, you may be starting the new year with a resolution that you may or may not keep. Frequently our resolutions come down to habits, making them or breaking them. So rather than show you a list of books on diets, exercise, time, or money management (the list is endless), we thought we would help you out by offering some books on habits.
We will start a standard
Small changes can lead to big results.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear. Also available as an eBook on Overdrive.
- Eat Move Sleep by Tom Rath. Available as an eBook on Hoopla.
- Small Move, Big Change by Caroline Arnold.
- Tiny Habits by B.J. Fogg. Also available as an eBook on Overdrive.
One of the biggest challenges to keeping a New Year’s Resolution is willpower. Try these books.
- The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal.
- Healthy Habits Suck by Dayna Lee-Baggley. This one is available as a Downloadable Audiobook on Hoopla.
Kids also try to make and break habits.
- I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato by Lauren Child will speak to more than one child (and frustrated parent).
- Spark by Kallie George tells the story of one tiny dragon who is trying very hard to control his fiery breath.