Cooperation With Other Libraries Policy
The Canton Public Library Board of Trustees and library staff will actively promote cooperation with other libraries and library agencies to meet the needs of the community more effectively. At this time, the Canton Public Library engages in the following programs:
1. borrowIT CT: borrowIT CT is a cooperative program among public libraries in Connecticut that allows residents to use their hometown library card at any one of 192 participating public libraries. Canton fully participates in this cooperative program.
2. deliverIT CT: This is a state-funded library delivery service. Through deliverIT CT, materials may be returned to any library in the state and will be transported back to the owning library.
3. Interlibrary Loan: Patrons can request materials from other libraries throughout Connecticut and, in the cases of unusual materials, elsewhere in the United States. The library reserves the right to pass on costs for postage, copying, or other handling to the patron at the discretion of the Library Director.
4. Library Connection: A non-profit cooperative of 30 public and academic libraries which share an integrated library system and patron database as well as shared collections of downloadable media and other collaborative services.
5. Connecticut Library Consortium: Statewide membership collaborative serving all types of Connecticut libraries by initiating and facilitating cost-effective services, creating and supporting educational and professional development, and fostering innovation.
Approved by the Canton Public Library Board of Trustees May 11, 2005 Revised September 12, 2018