Children and Teens
About the LibraryHours and Directions
Library Board of Trustees
Friends of the Library
The Canton Public Library is pleased to offer a Home Delivery of Library Materials Program. Through this program, library materials will be delivered to Canton residents who are permanently or temporarily homebound due to disability or health problems. Senior citizens or others who are unable to drive also qualify for our home delivery service.
The Home Delivery of Library Materials Program lets you or someone you care about enjoy the collections of the library without having to visit the library building. Whether you like to read books and magazines, watch DVDs, or listen to “talking books” and music, the library will arrange to have items delivered to and picked up from your home by staff members or volunteers.
Here’s how the program works:
2. Participants should be residents of Canton, although exceptions can be made by the library staff. They also must complete our simple Home Delivery of Library Materials Program Enrollment Form and return it to the library.
3. Participants must hold valid Canton Public Library borrower cards (or, in the case of non-Canton residents, valid borrower cards from their hometown libraries). Any Canton resident who wishes to participate in this program but does not have a valid borrower card should request a library card application along with the Home Delivery of Library Materials Program Enrollment Form.
4. The library does not limit the number of items that may be borrowed per delivery through this program unless demand for materials makes limitations unavoidable.
5. Most materials will be loaned for 21 days. New fiction books will be loaned for 14 days. Quick Read books and DVDs will be loaned for 7 days. Most items for which no other borrower is waiting may be renewed once. Renewals can be made by telephone or online through the library website.
6. Requests for materials and renewals may be made by telephoning the library at 860-693-5800 (ask for the Information Desk) or by emailing the library at firstname.lastname@example.org (on the subject line, type ATTN: Home Delivery).
7. Materials not available at the time of request will be placed on reserve and delivered when they become available. Please note that there may be waiting lists for new and/or popular items.
8. Materials will be delivered to and picked up from each participant’s home by library staff or volunteers. Please call or email the library to arrange for deliveries and returns. Do not return materials by other means unless arrangements have been made in advance with the library’s reference staff.
9. Overdue fines are not charged for materials borrowed under this program. However, please return items as promptly as possible. Please do not lend library books and audiovisual items to others.
10. Participants will be charged the replacement cost for materials that are lost and/or damaged while in their care.
If you have questions or want to sign up for the Home Delivery of Library Materials Program, please telephone the library at 860-693-5800 and speak with the Reference Librarian.